So I'm missing another pair of earrings this, week, having skipped Monday and yesterday due to some family obligations. But I managed to get a pair done each day I was at work. We have a sale coming up at work in a few weeks, and I'm trying to whip up a few pieces in the $15-25 range. They're not terribly exciting nor particularly fun to make, but momma needs a plane ticket. The only pair I make this week that I actually like are the purple with the stripes. Threads get a bad rap in enameling, but I think they can be cool.
I made a lot of other progress in the studio this week, despite having to make that stupid pin back a 4th time. It's close to being done. All I have to do is cut out the paper and mica pieces and rivet the whole thing together. I also finished up a component that I'm pretty excited about. I liked the enamel more before I added the transparent on top. I liked the contrast between the matte pale blue and the shiny copper, but it just didn't feel right for the piece. Maybe I can use that surface somewhere else.
Overall though, I'm quite please with this component. Now I just have to design the rest of the piece. I started a companion piece to this on too (or it might be a series, we'll see). I'm putting the reliquaries on hold to pursue these pieces for now. It feels like what I need to be doing, studiowise.
Thanks for reading!