I challenged myself last week to incorporate natural objects in my book making. I used a variety of items, some I collected specifically for these books, some items I had collected sometime in the past. Sometimes using the found object meant simply gluing down, sometimes stitching. I'd like to develop some more sophisticated ways of using these types of materials without just sticking them down to the cover.
This week I'm working on incorporating papers that I've hand painted. The papers I'm using for the covers are already leading to some interesting sizes. I'm starting to feel the pull back towards metals, so this week will be the last of my Book a Day Challenge. I'm thinking about doing a jewelry a day challenge of some kind for October.