It was another busy week, but after spinning my wheels for a couple days, I finally started to make some decent brooches. It's amazing what you can do with a kiln and a torch. I even managed to do two brooches for a couple days. Favorite this week is the over fired white enamel with the french knots. I forgot how easy enameling comes to me, it's been almost a year since I've been able to enamel seriously. It was a good little reminder to focus on the kind of metalsmith I am instead of the kind I think I ought to be. Least successful I think is the one with the ICB Root Beer cap. The piece of bone was longer, which balanced out the composition better, but it was also fragile and broke on the ends. I'm not sold on the jade either, but nothing else I had felt right.
In other progress, there's not been much. I haven't made any moves forward on my reliquaries, not even design work. I did finally get all the wires fired down on my cup and just started adding color, but I forgot to take a picture. So only about one more week of brooches and then I'll move on to something else.