I've managed to keep up with my"Brooch a Day Challenge for another week. This week was a toughy, being away from my studio for a couple days and being so busy with work. It was definitely an interesting week in terms of materials and product. My favorite is the top left silver andbone creation from last Friday. I'm digging the look of silver and bone together and I think there might be something there. A close second fav is the long oval enamel scribble. It was giving me trouble and I had to set it aside for 24 hours, but in the end I think the shape and the surface are super successful. I tried to re-create the effect the next day, with a different color of enamel, and it just wasn't the same at all. I don't like it nearly as well. My least favorite is Monday. Monday was a struggle just to get something done, while I could barely keep my eyes open. If I hadn't given myself this challenge, I totally would have called it day without making anything.
In other progress this week, I started laying my cloisonne wires on my vessel. Kind of a pain in the butt. Even more of a pain in the butt when I went to move the piece today and every. single. wire, fell, off. Below is an image before the piece was fired. So I've clearly got some work to do to get my cloisonne game back on point. I managed to get some more pieces etched and sawn out for my reliquaries too, so the week wasn't a total wash.
So, I'm trying, and for now, that's enough. Hopefully things will settle down at work soon, and I'll go from trying to make progress to actually making progress.
Thanks for reading.